Find all of our reviews of shows on in the East of England here!
- REVIEW – THE THURSFORD CHRISTMAS SPECTACULARby Amy RyeWith Spectacular in the name, it sets the bar high for audience expectations… but does the show live up to its name? The Thursford Christmas Spectacular has been running for 45 years! Each year a tiny village in Norfolk gets decorated for the festive season, and coach loads of people come to this otherwise unknown … More REVIEW – THE THURSFORD CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR
You can find our latest reviews of touring productions below!
- THE JINKX & DELA HOLIDAY SHOW – REVIEW – LONDON PALLADIUMby Anuli ChangaDrag sensations BenDeLaCreme and Jinkx Monsoon are an iconic duo with reputations which have surpassed their RuPaul’s Drag Race seasons. Jinkx and Dela are known for their holiday shows and the latest rendition is an absolute success! Jinkx and Dela poke immediate fun at all the different Christmas parodies and storylines they’ve already used in previous … More THE JINKX & DELA HOLIDAY SHOW – REVIEW – LONDON PALLADIUM
- TREASON THE MUSICAL – REVIEW – ALEXANDRA PALACEby Amy RyeCreating musical theatre around historic events has become an increasingly popular thing to do within the last few years, following on from the international successes of Hamilton and Six. However, it doesn’t always work, and unfortunately, that is the case with Treason the Musical. Treason began its life as a 5 track EP in 2020, … More TREASON THE MUSICAL – REVIEW – ALEXANDRA PALACE
- ANNIE – REVIEW – NEW WIMBLEDON THEATREby Mailí Ní GhormáinWhen Annie first hit Broadway in 1977, it won a Tony award for Best Musical as well as Best Actress for Dorothy Loudon as Miss Hannigan and has been a staple of the musical theatre canon ever since. Yet perhaps more famous than Loudon is the original young prodigy, Andrea Macardle, whose enormous belt has … More ANNIE – REVIEW – NEW WIMBLEDON THEATRE
- HIGH STEAKS – REVIEW – JACKSON’S LANE ARTS CENTREby Amy RyeEloina’s High Steaks is a raw and honest show about the shame some feel about their labia. With the majority of labiaplasties being performed for purely cosmetic reasons in the present day, our schools failing to teach us about the uniqueness of everyone’s vagina, and the media only showing edited or surgically altered versions of … More HIGH STEAKS – REVIEW – JACKSON’S LANE ARTS CENTRE
- SHREK THE MUSICAL – REVIEW – NEW WIMBLEDON THEATREby Amy RyeA solid family favourite since the movie premiered in 2001, the musical adaptation soon followed, premiering on Broadway in 2008. Currently on a tour of the UK, stopping off in Wimbledon this week, whilst this production of Shrek The Musical may transport the younger members of the audience to a land Far Far Away, there’s … More SHREK THE MUSICAL – REVIEW – NEW WIMBLEDON THEATRE