SEPTEMBER 1ST, DEAR DIARY
IT’S TIME FOR BIG FUN AT THE OTHER PALACE…
INVITES ALL CORN NUTS TO A BIG
FUN FAN DAY
The school bell is ringing and the Corn Nuts are being called, not to class, but to a day of Big Fun – and it definitely will be Beautiful! So, grab your diaries and mark the date as The Other Palace has a lot planned on 1 September.
Starting at midday, attendees will have the opportunity to take part in scheduled choreography and vocal workshops on the iconic Westerburg High stage, attend multiple Q&As with cast members and creatives happening at the bar and show off their Heathers knowledge during the Quiz. Rumour has it a lifeboat of new cast members might be sailing nearby that day too…
Throughout the afternoon there will be photo opportunities with current members, giveaways, and the chance to become truly a Heather by making your own scrunchie.
Cosplay is not only welcomed, not only encourage…but essential – we want to see your best blazers on and signature black trench coats.
During the day we plan to break a World Record, Heathers The Musical style. As “the extreme always seems to make an impression,” why not be a part of Heathers history and make your mark with us?
Heathers Big Fan Day will start at 12pm on Thursday 1 September with the afternoon activities running until 6pm. The event will be free; however, sessions will be ticketed and require booking in advance, this can be done via The Other Palace website.
Amidst the activities throughout the day there will be the evening performance of Heathers The Musical which will be one of the final performances for the current cast members.
With a book, music and lyrics by Kevin Murphyand Laurence O’Keefe, Heathers the Musical is based on one of the greatest cult teen films of all time, and starred Winona Ryder and Christian Slater. The production is directed by Andy Fickman, with choreography by Thriller Live’s Gary Lloyd, designs by David Shields, lighting by Ben Cracknell and sound by Dan Samson.
Westerberg High’s Veronica Sawyer is just another nobody dreaming of a better day. But when she joins the beautiful and impossibly cruel Heathers, her dreams of popularity may finally come true. Mysterious teen rebel JD teaches her that it might kill to be a nobody, but it is murder being a somebody…
Venue: The Other Palace
Date: Thursday 1 September
Link to Booking: https://theotherpalace.co.uk/
The school bell has rung! Meet your fellow classmates and find out all about the day, photos opps, giveaways and more!
12.30pm: Learn Choreography
Honey, what you waiting for? Step into our Candy Store and learn choreography with Jasmine Beel (Heather McNamara), Maddison Firth (Heather Chandler) and Vivian Panka (Heather Duke).
1.15pm Q&A 1: Lisanne Falk (Original Film Heather McNamara) and Paul Taylor-Mills
Hop into our tiniest lifeboat as we set sail on our first Q&A of the day! Join the original Heather McNamara herself from the cult classic movie, Lisanne Falk, along with our faculty’s own Paul Taylor-Mills.
2.00pm: Learn Vocals, Beautiful
You hope, you dream, you pray… and you get your way! That’s right, now you can learn how to sing Beautiful with our vocal workshop.
2.45pm: Q&A 2: Ailsa Davidson (Veronica) and Mhairi Angus (Martha)
BFFs Veronica and Martha invite you and your BFFs to join them! Put your questions to Ailsa and Mhairi in this Q&A.
3.30pm: New Cast Announcement
It’s official: we will be announcing our brand-new classmates on September 1st! And YOU can find out first! Grab your phones – and get ready to record some Heathers history!
4.15pm: Quiz led by Daniel Robinson (Kurt’s Dad) and Oliver Brooks (Ram’s Dad)
It’s quiz time! Get your team together as we test you on all things Heathers, 80s and more! Will you be top of the class? Or will Veronica have to forge your report card?
5.00pm: Q&A 3: The Heathers – Jasmine Beel (Heather McNamara), Maddison Firth (Heather Chandler) and Vivian Panka (Heather Duke)
Have a question for the Heathers? Crave a boon? Now’s your chance to put it to them in our final Q&A of the day!
5.45pm: Cosplay Pics onstage together
School photos onstage? How very (exciting!) Here’s your chance to have your photo taken on the set, with our big group photo!
*Cast and creatives access is subject to availability.
Happening throughout day:
- Photo opportunities with props
- Make your own scrunchies
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL – REVIEW – ALEXANDRA PALACESpine-tingling yet heart-warming, Mark Gatiss’s retelling of A Christmas Carol truly encapsulates the haunting atmosphere of a Victorian ghost story, balanced out with enough humour so as to capture the festive season. Led by Keith Allen as Scrooge, with Peter Forbes as Marley, this show is perfect for Christmas viewing. The set design by Paul Wills is instantly captivating, … More A CHRISTMAS CAROL – REVIEW – ALEXANDRA PALACE
- A WOMAN WALKS INTO A BANK – REVIEW – THEATRE503The title of this winner of Theatre 503’s 2023 International Playwriting Award by Roxy Cook may seem like the set-up to a joke, but the narrative that unspools is instead an affectionate, gently barbed and at base quite sobering portrait of three ordinary souls (and one restless feline) adrift in modern Moscow. There is much … More A WOMAN WALKS INTO A BANK – REVIEW – THEATRE503
- PETER PAN GOES WRONG – REVIEW – LYRIC THEATREPeter Pan Goes Wrong first premiered in London at the Pleasance Theatre in 2013, and earlier this year the show made its Broadway debut. Now the production is back in the West End for the Christmas season. Following on from The Play That Goes Wrong, in this production, J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan is staged by … More PETER PAN GOES WRONG – REVIEW – LYRIC THEATRE
- GHOST STORIES BY CANDLELIGHT – REVIEW – SAM WANAMAKER PLAYHOUSEDrawing heavily from the classic canon of the British supernatural, High Tide’s trio of contemporary Gothic narratives uses traditional storytelling formats to address contemporary themes. Directed by Elayce Ismail, reverent musical interludes accompany tales of apparitions and nighttime conjurings that speak of women from the East of England. Unfortunately, the effect is less chilling and … More GHOST STORIES BY CANDLELIGHT – REVIEW – SAM WANAMAKER PLAYHOUSE
- CINDERELLA – REVIEW – LYRIC HAMMERSMITHDrum roll please…(Cue a literal drum rolling across the stage.) The Lyric pantomime is one of traditions with the return of many well-loved jokes and skits. Costumes and sets are all made at the Lyric itself by Good Teeth, with set pieces being reused year on year. This year Cinderella gets the Hammersmith makeover, with … More CINDERELLA – REVIEW – LYRIC HAMMERSMITH