FOLLOWING A RECORD-BREAKING SELL-OUT RUN AT THE ALMEIDA THEATRE SONIA FRIEDMAN PRODUCTIONS WILL TRANSFER
PETER MORGAN’S NEW PLAY
TO THE NOËL COWARD THEATRE FOR A LIMITED TWELVE WEEK SEASON FROM 26 MAY TO 19 AUGUST 2023
STARRING TOM HOLLANDER WITH WILL KEEN AND A CAST INCLUDING LUKE THALLON REPRISING THEIR CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED ROLES!
ON SALE FROM WEDNESDAY 14 SEPTEMBER 2022
SIGN UP FOR PRIORITY BOOKING:WWW.PATRIOTSTHEPLAY.COM
‘It had me on the edge of my seat, and a West End transfer is a must’
Mail on Sunday
‘This is a cracking, exciting piece of theatre that’s become, sadly, very timely’
‘Peter Morgan’s absorbing, acerbic new play’
Patriots is international award-winning writer Peter Morgan’s (Frost/Nixon) first new play since The Audience. He is best known for writing the multi award-winning Netflix hit, The Crown.
Patriots is the Almeida’s fastest selling new play and transfers to the Noël Coward Theatre for a limited twelve-week run from 26 May to 19 August 2023, with Opening Night on 6 June 2023. Directed by the Almeida’s Artistic Director, Rupert Goold (Ink, Enron), Patriots is a brilliant and startlingly timely story of ambition, loyalty and betrayal in a brave new world.
BAFTA-winning actor Tom Hollander (The Night Manager; Travesties) reprises his starring role as Boris Berezovsky, the ‘kingmaker’ behind Vladimir Putin, with Will Keen (His Dark Materials) also returning to play Putin and Luke Thallon (Albion) as Abramovich. Further casting will be announced in due course.
“If the politicians cannot save Russia, then we businessmen must. We have not just the responsibility but the duty to become Russian heroes”
1991. The Fall of the Soviet Union.
With the dawning of a new Russia, there are winners and losers, and today’s patriot can fast become tomorrow’s traitor.
As a new generation of oligarchs fights to seize control, PATRIOTS follows
to public enemy number one.
The full creative team for Patriots is Director: Rupert Goold, Set Designer: Miriam Buether, Co-Costume Designers: Deborah Andrews and Miriam Buether,Lighting Designer: Jack Knowles, Movement Director Polly Bennett, Sound Designer and Composer: Adam Cork, and Casting Director: Robert Sterne.
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL – REVIEW – ALEXANDRA PALACESpine-tingling yet heart-warming, Mark Gatiss’s retelling of A Christmas Carol truly encapsulates the haunting atmosphere of a Victorian ghost story, balanced out with enough humour so as to capture the festive season. Led by Keith Allen as Scrooge, with Peter Forbes as Marley, this show is perfect for Christmas viewing. The set design by Paul Wills is instantly captivating, … More A CHRISTMAS CAROL – REVIEW – ALEXANDRA PALACE
- A WOMAN WALKS INTO A BANK – REVIEW – THEATRE503The title of this winner of Theatre 503’s 2023 International Playwriting Award by Roxy Cook may seem like the set-up to a joke, but the narrative that unspools is instead an affectionate, gently barbed and at base quite sobering portrait of three ordinary souls (and one restless feline) adrift in modern Moscow. There is much … More A WOMAN WALKS INTO A BANK – REVIEW – THEATRE503
- PETER PAN GOES WRONG – REVIEW – LYRIC THEATREPeter Pan Goes Wrong first premiered in London at the Pleasance Theatre in 2013, and earlier this year the show made its Broadway debut. Now the production is back in the West End for the Christmas season. Following on from The Play That Goes Wrong, in this production, J.M. Barrie’s Peter Pan is staged by … More PETER PAN GOES WRONG – REVIEW – LYRIC THEATRE
- GHOST STORIES BY CANDLELIGHT – REVIEW – SAM WANAMAKER PLAYHOUSEDrawing heavily from the classic canon of the British supernatural, High Tide’s trio of contemporary Gothic narratives uses traditional storytelling formats to address contemporary themes. Directed by Elayce Ismail, reverent musical interludes accompany tales of apparitions and nighttime conjurings that speak of women from the East of England. Unfortunately, the effect is less chilling and … More GHOST STORIES BY CANDLELIGHT – REVIEW – SAM WANAMAKER PLAYHOUSE
- CINDERELLA – REVIEW – LYRIC HAMMERSMITHDrum roll please…(Cue a literal drum rolling across the stage.) The Lyric pantomime is one of traditions with the return of many well-loved jokes and skits. Costumes and sets are all made at the Lyric itself by Good Teeth, with set pieces being reused year on year. This year Cinderella gets the Hammersmith makeover, with … More CINDERELLA – REVIEW – LYRIC HAMMERSMITH